Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Zombie Xing" Halloween Sign...

Warning - Warning - ZOMBIES on the loose............

 

                             "Zombie Xing Sign

I was in Joann's Craft store a few weeks ago and saw a zombie sign there for sale that I thought was pretty neat, but the price tag was not so neat :(  So, I decided to see if I can make my own version ........




I have to say this was a cool little project mostly because of the ease in finding the necessary supplies....

 

** I found the square plaque at a Goodwill store for a dollar

** I located the exact same images for zombie shadows in the public domain on google images

** I already had the the grey and three yellows I needed to create the texture and background, etc ( lemon yellow, golden yellow and yellow ochre .....did I spell that right?) and the black for the lines and letters.

** And the self-leveling gel I added on top to even it all out after everything was glued painted and had dried.....


Total cost?? (for me, at least, since I already owned the paints) = $ 1.00 :) ....this is probably one of the few times to share with my husband exactly how much I spent on a project!!!


Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back in a day or so with a new Halloween Decoration project to share!!

Till then,

     Wicked jypsi

No comments:

Post a Comment